The city of Boonton NJ was far from the first location in the area to get a railroad.
It's station was finally built in 1867, a good 25 years after most nearby towns.
Titled the "Boonton Branch of the Morris & Essex RR",
it was just under five miles long and dead-ended at the town of Boonton...
An entry from a Morristown newspaper, August 29th, 1867:
"The branch road from Denville to Boonton, four and three quarter's mile long,
and as crooked as a rams horn, is now in running order."
Now, almost 150 years later, the station sits abandoned.
It has been replaced by a newer, more modern one not too far down the tracks.
Video can be viewed here: